In Pennsylvania, the wrongful death law permits the beneficiaries of a person who has died as a result of the wrongful act or negligence of another person to file a lawsuit on behalf of the deceased individual. The Law Offices of Rhonda Hill Wilson can help you if you believe one of your family members died as a result of someone's negligence. For example, a wrongful death claim can arise from nursing home negligence, medical malpractice, drunk driving, or many other types of personal injury.
The types of damages recoverable in a wrongful death lawsuit in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey are:
- Loss of anticipated future earnings the deceased would have provided,
- Lost benefits from the death, e.g. pension or retirement benefits,
- Expenses associated with the death, for example, medical bills and funeral costs,
- Pain, suffering or mental anguish suffered by the survivor of the decedent
- Loss of companionship, care or protection,
- Punitive damages, intended to punish wrongdoers and prevent them from harming others,
- Hospital, nursing, and medical expenses.
Rhonda Hill Wilson, Esquire and her experienced team will listen to all of your concerns and go over the options available to you. Rhonda makes herself directly available to each and every client. We return calls and e-mails in a timely manner and are here to help you with your questions. We will also work with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to make sure all your needs are handled quickly and appropriately.
If you are the relative of someone who was killed as the result of the negligent or wrongful act of another, contact the Law Offices of Rhonda Hill Wilson online or call us at 215.972.0400 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options.